The Montgomery Police Department provides protection and policing services to more than 20,000 residents and businesses within the Village limits. Our department strives hard each day to provide exceptional public service, demonstrate community pride and maintain public safety throughout our community.
Our primary role is to prevent crime and enforce laws against those who fail to follow them. The Montgomery Police Department strives to make Montgomery a community where residents can feel safe and enjoy a high quality of life.
In 2005, the Montgomery Police Department moved to its current location on the Civic Center campus. The Montgomery Police Department has a state of the art indoor shooting range that officers use for training purposes. There is also a physical fitness center, community / training room and housing for prisoners. The Community Room is available for use by government and community organizations by filling out a Room Reservation Request Form (PDF) and emailing it.
The Village of Montgomery Police Department is committed to providing exceptional public service by protecting the life, liberty and property of citizens in the Village. We strive to build community partnerships that preserve public trust, foster mutual respect and enhance the quality of life for all.
Members of the Montgomery Police Department are committed to our citizens and to each other. We will:
- Be courteous. We will on all occasions be courteous and considerate toward all members of the public and to each other.
- Be honest. We will base our integrity on truthfulness and will tell the truth on all records, statements and testimony.
- Respect diversity. We will treat the public and each other the same, regardless of sex, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability or national origin.
- Emphasize integrity. We will be honest, morally upright and sincere in the use of the power and authority that has been given to us.
- Foster cooperation. We will help each other succeed by assisting each other at every opportunity by following the highest standards and best practices of the law.
- Public service
- Policies and procedures
- Community orientated
- Harmonious work environment
- High quality of life