DC RECYCLING SYSTEMS- VILLAGE OF MONTGOMERY
DC Recycling Systems (DCRS) is proud to be the exclusive service provider for the collection and proper disposal or recycling of garbage, recycling, yard waste, electronic waste and household hazardous waste services for Village of Montgomery residents. DCRS is located in Cortland, IL and is owned by Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS). LRS is a privately owned company headquartered in Morton Grove, Illinois.
DCRS also provides Home Collection Service for Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and Electronic Waste (E-Waste). These are two separate collections and requests are required for these special collections. There are no additional charges for these services. Please see Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Waste sections for more detail on each.
When will the 2020 Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection take place?
• HHW Home Collection will be offered in May, September and November of 2020
• Beginning in 2021, HHW Home Collection will be offered annually in February, May, September and November.
How do I submit a request for HHW Home Collection?
• Requests should be submitted online at LRSrecycles.com/household-hazardous-waste. Customer Service is available to assist with submitting your home collection request by phone at 844.NEED.LRS.
• Once you’ve completed your request, a confirmation number will be provided for your record.
• Our service provider will contact you by email or phone within 5 days of the request, Monday through Friday and excluding holidays. Your collection date will be provided at that time. If available, you may be offered an earlier collection date.
Are there special requirements for preparing and placing HHW out for collection?
• Yes. When you submit your request, please review the section on How to Prepare HHW Items for Collection on the website.
Is there a charge for this new service?
• No. There is no new charge for this new service. It’s included in the services DC provides for your home.
Is there a weight limit or limit to the amount that can be placed out for collection?
• Yes. There is a 70 pound weight limit per collection. Items exceeding the weight limit will be left behind.
How often may a request be submitted?
• Households paying a utility bill to the Village of Montgomery may request one HHW Home Collection per year.